Monday, May 3, 2010

Week 36 - Day One: Drove

Today I had to drive to work because I had an appointment at the bank in the afternoon. I already had to take some time off work to get there even if driving, and I'd have to take off twice as much time to bike there, so I just drove. By driving and working through my lunch, I managed not to lose any hours at work. By biking, I would have to work through my lunch today AND tomorrow, and that's just not worth it for me. On top of that, I wouldn't have made it to pick up my daughter from daycare in time before it closed. So it was a no-brainer: today was a driving day.

I'm worried, though: I heard on the radio this morning that there could be up to 5 cm of snow on the ground by tomorrow afternoon. If that's the case, I won't be able to bike tomorrow, and probably not again until the snow melts off because I have my slick road tires back on my bike instead of the studs. If it snows, when am I going to bike again?? I've vowed to make May a really productive month for weight loss. Please, weather, don't conspire against me on this!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.