Saturday, May 1, 2010

MONTHLY CHECK-IN

WEIGHT LOSS THIS MONTH: -2 (that means I gained 2 lbs this month!)
WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: 35 lbs
DAYS COMMUTED: 16
POTENTIAL COMMUTING DAYS MISSED: 4
BREAKDOWN OF EXCUSES USED BY COMMUTE DAYS MISSED:
Sick - 3 days
Knee Getting Sore - 1 day

OK, body, this is getting out of hand. It made sense that I gained weight last month because I wasn't exercising and I wasn't following any kind of healthy eating plan. In April, I consulted with a dietician and used the EatTracker tool on the Dieticians of Canada website to ensure I was following the eating guide set up for me by the dietician. I bike-commuted most of the month, save for a few days of being sick and one day of knee soreness caused by all that biking in the wind. I've been doing everything I'm supposed to be doing! I even started joining a couple of friends on campus for a half-hour lunchtime jog (well, more like a bouncy walk) twice a week. So, how could I have possibly gained weight this month? WHAT THE HELL???

Maybe it's time to go back to the drawing board. Clearly, following the Canada Food Guide just ain't working for me. So - what to do? How to eat? I know I lose weight on things like the South Beach diet, but I'm a miserable human being while doing so and I can never do it for more than a couple weeks. I know I lose weight calorie-counting, and maybe I should just go back to that, but even that was starting to meet with some disappointing results by February. What am I supposed to do?? Trying to lose weight really sucks! Especially when you're genuinely trying and it just doesn't seem to work.

Oh, the disappointment!! I try to comfort myself with the knowledge that even if I'm not losing weight, per se, I'm still getting healthier with all this exercise. It's a small consolation because I feel like I sure as hell don't look healthy. But what can you do? It seems my body has its own agenda, and it's definitely calling the shots these days. How annoying.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.