Friday, July 9, 2010

Week 45 - Day Five: It's Been Emotional

After a day of going back and forth with text messages and e-mails, then a phone call, and then an in-person visit, as of last night my boyfriend and I have decided to go on a break for the next month and re-evaluate where we stand then. To call everything that transpired yesterday and into the late evening unpleasant would be a significant understatement. It was heartbreaking. I barely slept all night, only finally falling asleep in the early morning hours, then I slept in and was running late when I got up. I left the bike at home and just drove.

A colleague and I went for a 30-40 minute walk over lunch, as we usually do on Tuesdays and Fridays, but today we went farther, faster, and did more hills and stairs to compensate for the fact that I didn't bike-commute. While it's still not remotely the same level of exercise as an hour of biking, at least I know I got some exercise in. That's important when I'm feeling as drained - physically and emotionally - as I am today.

I'm looking forward to a nice big dinner and an early bed time. I'm looking forward to some social time with some friends on Saturday night. I'm even looking forward to mowing the lawn Sunday afternoon. Compared to the process of separating myself from someone I care about, just about anything looks fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.