Monday, February 1, 2010

MONTHLY CHECK-IN

WEIGHT LOSS THIS MONTH: 12 lbs
WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: 36.5
DAYS COMMUTED: 18
POTENTIAL COMMUTING DAYS MISSED: 2
BREAKDOWN OF EXCUSES BY COMMUTE DAYS MISSED:
Stayed home to take care of sick daughter: 2 days

Yeeeeaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! TWELVE pounds this month!! That's a personal record!

To celebrate, I bought two new tops and a skirt over the weekend because the new work clothes I bought in August are starting to look pretty bad on me now that I've lost all this weight. Now, I've always hated clothes shopping, and it's still not fun for me, but this weekend's shopping extravaganza sure felt better than any shopping experience I've had in a LONG time! It was awesome to discover that my waist is a solid two dress sizes smaller than it was in August. It was even a pleasure to know that I'd only gone down one size around my hips and breasts, because it reminded me of those deadly hourglass curves of mine that have been buried beneath layers of shapeless chub this whole time. It's slow work, to be sure, but I'm breaking those curves out of their prison, and when they come back in full they'll be just as awesome as they ever were when I was 20.

I'm feeling good. I needed to feel good after an emotional-roller-coaster of a month that was January, and I'm very glad I do. Three cheers to a good month, and here's to the start of what will surely be another good month!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.