Friday, January 29, 2010

Week Twenty-Two - Day Five: No Go

This story may sound a bit familiar. It involves me waking up in the middle of the night, my daughter crying, me groggily making my way to her room to check on her, and smelling the problem before I actually saw it. Once again, my daughter threw up overnight on an early Friday morning, just as she did exactly two weeks ago. Once again, I missed work to take care of her.

I spent three hours, between midnight and 3 am, cleaning my daughter's crib and linens and bathing her then putting her to bed, all to start the process all over again when she continued to throw up forty minutes later. It was a rough night during which I had to exercise all my willpower not to puke myself at the disgusting task of cleaning up after my daughter. My God - honestly, fellow parents, hear me out - how the hell do we do what we do? Why the hell did we willingly take this on???

So another commuting day missed. Believe me, I would rather have been out there on the roads today than stuck at home taking care of a stomach-flu-riddled toddler. Sigh!! The things I do for love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.