Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 43 - Day Two: Mike's Back!

BIKE: Mike
TIME THERE: 24 min.
TIME BACK: 26 min.
WEATHER: max temperate 21.7C, min temperature 12C, mean temperature 16.9C, 1 mm precipitation (sorry for the vagueness, I forgot to record the weather for this post and have to go by historical data)
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, tank top, zip-up hoodie
NOTES:

Last night I walked home after a busy day at work, picked up my daughter from daycare, took Mike's tire to the bike store to get the broken spoke fixed, went home and made/served/cleaned up after dinner, put my daughter to bed, then proceeded to get Mike ready to hit the road again. I put the tire back on, lubricated the chain, and put the seat that I had only recently transplanted onto Eastwood back onto Mike. It felt like a long and horrible day, but by the end of the evening I felt pretty damn good: I'd be able to bike again! It felt like it's been a while.

It was really nice to be back in the saddle, though I know I say this every time I have a break from biking and return to it. It certainly comes as no surprise. Still, I've really enjoyed switching on and off between walking and biking. Doing one for a while makes me crave the other, and so when I switch back and forth whenever I desire I feel perpetually grateful for whatever mode of transportation I take, and I never feel bored. This is a pretty damn good system, I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.