Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Week 33 - Day Three: The Halfer

BIKE: Eastwood
TIME THERE: 26 min.
TIME BACK: --
WEATHER: overcast, 1C (-4C with windchill), 20 km/hr wind there.
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, t-shirt, fleece jacket, running gloves, scarf.
NOTES:

I managed to get to work this morning. I managed to get through two sessions of clients, a backlog of cases, and some depressing work-related news. I simultaneously celebrated and grieved with my closest colleague over today being her last day of work. I ate comfort food of a burger and fries for our celebratory lunch. I even ate cake in the afternoon, and it was very good.

All in all, it was a pretty good day. And although I'm still sick, every day I'm feeling just a little bit better. Still, by the end of the day today, I was beat (this seems to be the story of my life!). I checked the weather to find that I would be battling headwinds gusting up to 40 km/hr. I seriously contemplated just taking a cab home.

"I'll drive you!" my colleague said, the one whose last day it is. She was vaguely desperate to prolong her last day of work, and I was vaguely desperate for the ride - and of course, the company was most welcome. We managed to shove Eastwood into the trunk of her little German car and she drove me home, even spending an hour with me and my daughter once we got back. It was really lovely to extend our socializing into the ride home like that, and even into my typical alone-with-daughter-time. And looking out the car window, watching the tree boughs bend in the wind, I didn't feel remotely sorry for getting a ride!

Did I mention that the saddle on Eastwood is demolishing my ass? Really. Demolishing. I think I'm going to have to go back to Mike tomorrow, because my seat bones can't handle another Eastwood ride. Yet another reason to love my friend for giving me a ride home today. It's a damn shame it comes at the cost of losing her companionship at work for the next four months. Alas! Somehow, I'll survive . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.