Monday, November 2, 2009

MONTHLY CHECK-IN

WEIGHT LOSS THIS MONTH: 6.5 lbs
WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: 16.5 lbs

I knew my weight loss this month wouldn't be as fantastically awesome as last month. I missed two commuting days because of the conference in Vancouver, another day because I was unprepared for the early wintry weather, and another two days because of illness. That's a full week of lost commuting right there. On top of that, both being sick and being at the conference contributed to periods of poor eating. If anything, I should probably be grateful I still ended up losing as much weight as I did!

And yet, I'm still disappointed. I look back at October and feel the urge to shake my head at myself for not being better restrained, better prepared, and in better health. I know it's unreasonable to make such demands on myself, and I also know that there are bound to be months of greater and lesser weight loss that will hopefully average out over the year and ultimately get me to my target weight regardless. Still, entering into November I can feel the pressure I'm putting on myself to do better this month. At the very least, just be more consistent.

And when in doubt, try some of those Jedi mind tricks they teach us in psychology to make my body work for me rather than against me! But I can't say more about that - in fact, I'm afraid I've said too much already . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.