Monday, September 21, 2009

Week Four - Day One

TIME THERE: 26 min. (oh no!!)
TIME BACK: 25 min.
WEATHER: clear, 5C, 13 km/hr wind there; a few clouds, 22C, 19 km/hr winds back.
WHAT I WORE: jeans, t-shirt, sweatshirt, cotton gloves (gloves & sweatshirt in panniers on the way home)
NOTES:
Jeans = no good. Maybe it would be different in more baggy jeans, but these ones were thigh-hugging, waist-cinching, and did absolutely nothing to make my ride easier on me. Pushing my legs through each rotation took more effort as the heavy material clung to my thighs and restricted my motion (don't even get me started on trying to do my stretches in those damn jeans once I got to work). The tight waist made breathing more difficult. It was unpleasant, to say the least. This is my excuse for my ride time to school inching up above 25 min., though I doubt it made that much of a difference seeing as how I made it home in good time.

On another note, I burned my arm over the weekend trying to keep my daughter away from the hot oven, which she was steadfastly determined to explore. The video below was taken within a few minutes of the injury, and since then it has developed a lovely large scab that I wouldn't really mention except for the fact that it surprisingly hurt every time I went over a bump. I guess the simple motion of being jolted by the cracks in the road jostled my skin enough to irritate the tender, healing burn. Who would have thunk it? Now I know - burns need smoother bike rides!

Also, I've been taking pictures of myself every weekday before bed to track my anticipated weight loss. Usually when I save these pictures on my computer I compare that day's photo to the first one I took on August 31st. Today, when making that comparison, I couldn't believe my eyes. It's only been three weeks and the weight loss is already clear. This is very encouraging! I'm planning to put these pictures together into a short flip-book-style video at the end of the year, so I won't share anything with you now. SUCKERS!!! You'll just have to wait a year!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.