Thursday, September 24, 2009

Week Four - Day Four

TIME THERE: 25 min.
TIME BACK: 26 min.
WEATHER: clear, 12C, 6km/hr wind there; clear, 20C, 17km/hr wind back.
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, t-shirt, sweatshirt.
NOTES:
Today I felt a bit weak. My thighs felt tired right from the get-go this morning, even though I felt relatively well-rested. This tends to happen towards the end of the week - my legs get tired more easily, I just don't have as much energy in me. Then I have the weekend, and I eat more than I do during the week, and I rest up, and suddenly I hit the roads the following Monday with an extra spring in my step! Or, in this case, with an extra something-something in my pedal. That just doesn't sound as good.

I'm planning to go out to see a band tomorrow night, planning to leave the house at 6:30 pm so I can meet a friend for drinks beforehand. That hardly gives me much time after I get home (I get home close to 5 after picking up my daughter) to get her dinner, get my own dinner, bathe her, get her ready for bed, get myself ready to go out, and then head off. The friend I'm going out with was a makeup artist in a past life, so maybe I can bribe her into doing my makeup for me so I don't have to bother doing it myself! That way, I just have to worry about not stinking like bike-sweat and getting into some fancier clothes before going out. It'll be interesting, anyway. I'm very curious to see how long I'll actually be awake tomorrow night! Given how I've been sleeping lately, I might actually end up falling asleep at the rock club. How lame would that be.

I'm giving you fair warning now because I may not have time to blog about the commute tomorrow. If I don't, I'll see if I can get to it over the weekend. And if not, have a kick-ass weekend! And if you happen to go to some rock club Friday night and find some exhausted-looking woman nodding off into her beer . . . don't wake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.