Friday, May 28, 2010

Week 39 - Day Four: Lazy Afternoon

BIKE: Eastwood
TIME THERE: 23 min.
TIME BACK: n/a
WEATHER: partly cloudy with light rain, 6C, 11 km/hr crosswinds there
WHAT I WORE: warm-up pants, t-shirt, waterproof shell
NOTES:

Yesterday when I checked the Weather Network, it was calling for some snow and rain throughout the day today. With a little more glee than I should admit to here, I decided with the risk of snow I wouldn't bike today. However, when I woke up this morning and looked out the bedroom window, I saw nothing but puddles and rain-soaked streets. No snow. I sighed to myself, lamenting: "I guess I will bike today after all."

At work, I had a very busy day. I even spent most of my lunch hour running around campus getting my funding for next year in order, so that by the time I finished with my last client in the afternoon I was exhausted on many levels. On a whim, I decided to text a friend of mine who has given me rides home in the past to see if she'd be willing to pick me up. Remarkably, she did! Sure, I could have biked home - I wasn't too sick, it wasn't too windy, and the rain had even stopped - but for whatever reason I just couldn't fathom another cold, windy, wet ride home.

Thank God for friends like her!!

2 comments:

  1. I just read through most of your blog. You keep an amazing blog. The reason why i read the blog was you use the same bike i used (got stolen a few days back).

    Once i get my new bike, i'll be keeping track of my biking escapades as well. I am thinking of getting the same one, new road bikes are too expensive, changing drivetrains(gears and the likes) will get the bike cost back to 250-400 dollars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following along, asder! I'm sorry your bike got stolen recently - that's always a concern for me, too, especially being on-campus. Are you looking at any other bikes for a replacement?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.