Saturday, April 10, 2010

Week 32 - More Sickness

Really, body? Is this necessary?

It turns out that there was a reason for me feeling so tired this past week, and why my daughter wasn't sleeping through the night: we were both getting sick!! She got it before I did, causing those up-every-hour-through-the-night sleeps during the week that made it reeeeeally difficult to get up and get to work the next morning. By Thursday, it had started catching up to me and I developed a sore throat. So I drove to work. That sore throat turned into sinus pressure and body aches by Friday - again, I drove to work. By today - Saturday - I've spent the entire day barely able to respond to my demanding, high-energy toddler while looking like this:


No, that's not technically a Snuggie I'm wearing, but I am wrapped in a fleece blanket, and that's close enough. Body chills. Aches everywhere. Sore throat. Eyes half-closed. Sinus pressure. Plugged nose. Whatever it is (and given that my specialty over the past two years has been sinus infections, I have an idea what the culprit might be), it ain't pretty. And it ain't fun.

I'm just hoping that if I lay low for the weekend I'll be well enough to bike to work on Monday. Or, hell, I'll settle for being able to show up for work on Monday! Because if I feel the same way then as I do now, I can't imagine getting through the day at all, let alone biking there in the cold and wind . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.