Thursday, March 4, 2010

Week Twenty-Seven - Day Four: SPRING!

BIKE: Mike
TIME THERE: 26 min.
TIME BACK: 26 min.
WEATHER: overcast, 0C, no wind there; clear, 8C, 11 km/hr wind back.
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, t-shirt, sweatshirt, running gloves, folded-up balaclava (balaclava in panniers on the way home)
NOTES:

Spring is in the air! The sun is shining, the birds are singing, even the wind has a warm edge to it. Where before the bike-commute was becoming an unpleasant event in my day during which I would cringe my way over snow-mousse and absorb angry barrages from raging motorists, I now yearn to be out on the streets! I love the sound of my studded tires rolling over asphalt. I even love the ting-ting-ting sound they make as I cruise over the metal bridge. I love being able to get my speed up again without fear of slipping on patches of ice and snow because the major roads are pretty well clear now. I even got to wear a sweatshirt today. A sweatshirt!! I felt so free and unencumbered, so light, so ready for spring!

With the sun and the ever-clearing roads and the mild weather, I can feel whatever dark cloud was hanging over me the past week or two is melting away. It's been replaced by gratitude and optimism and hope. Thank God for that! Things were starting to feel a little bleak there. And now, I'm doing a bit of jogging as part of my walking my daughter to and from daycare every day, and I've joined a recreational flag football league that starts in April. Everything is looking up!

Now, if only I had someone to share it with . . . sigh . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.