Friday, February 26, 2010

Week Twenty-Six - Day Five: Nyet!

I didn't bike today. I don't even have a good excuse for it. It's beautiful outside, there was no wind, I wasn't feeling sick, I didn't sleep in. I just wanted a freakin' break. And despite all the other cyclists I saw out there today and all the bike-commuters that have been coming out of the woodwork on campus, I felt absolutely no regret.

Sometimes a person just needs a change. And showing up to work today in a skirt with my hair straightened and wearing my lovely blue fashion coat instead of my black fleece jacket, safety vest, and helmet hair - that's a change. A very, very welcome one.

Besides, I'm sure my aching knee could use a break . . . there we go, excuse found!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.