Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week Nine - Day Three

BIKE: Eastwood
TIME THERE: 28 min.
TIME BACK: 29 min.
WEATHER: overcast, light snow, 1C (-3C with windchill), 15km/hr wind there; overcast, 3C, 11km/hr wind back.
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, turtleneck, waterproof shell, scarf, double gloves
NOTES:
Sicko
I do believe it is official: sometime between yesterday afternoon and this morning, the feeling of being under the weather officially turned into a cold. No amount of vitamins, supplements, cold remedies, or sinus rinses have managed to stave off the impending doom. Alas. Now my eyes are perpetually watery and staying at half-mast because of the sinus pressure behind them, my throat is sore, my breathing is wheezy, my ears feel blocked, and I have a barking cough that rattles the earth every once in a while. I still biked to work today, and my breathing was okay the whole time, but I just felt gross. Sore, tired - everything you might expect to feel when biking in the cold when you have a cold. I wouldn't recommend it.

I'm not sure if I'll go to work tomorrow. It depends on how well I sleep tonight and how well I feel tomorrow morning. Holy moly, I may actually take my first sick day from work! I would drop my daughter off at daycare, and then come home, and instead of picking up my bike and riding to work as I do every morning, I would just go inside, snuggle into a fleece blankie, and rest. Just drink tea and read all day. Mmmm. Oh, screw this - I'm taking a sick day tomorrow whether I'm sick or not!! This sounds too good to pass up!

In all seriousness, I really do dislike missing work. I genuinely enjoy it there, and I know which clients I'm seeing tomorrow and I'd hate to not be there for them. On the other hand, maybe all I need is a good day of rest - a day when I can take an eight-hour break from both my jobs: the internship and parenting. The whole time I've been fighting these colds, I haven't really had a single day to truly rest like that, and maybe that's all I need.

I'll see. Here's hoping that I fight off whatever is infecting me as I sleep tonight! But if I don't, and I'm still feeling sick tomorrow, I am staying home. Pajama pants, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.