Monday, September 27, 2010

Giving Thanks

WEATHER THERE: clear, 10C, 9 km/hr cross/headwinds
WEATHER BACK: sunny, 27C, 21 km/hr cross/tailwinds (gusting to 30 km/hr)

A return of warm, sunny weather. A productive day spent working on my dissertation. I even got a few snuggles from my typically too-busy-to-snuggle daughter. Despite feeling fairly beat tonight, I'd say the day couldn't have been any better!

I need to appreciate these days more. Take in the beauty of the fall colours, appreciate the clear roads and warm temperature and the sun on my face. It's the perfect time of year to be bike-commuting because the timing is just so that I'm biking into the sunrise every morning and soon I'll also be biking into the sunset at the end of the day. The weather is perfect for biking - not too windy, not too cold, not too hot. And all the fall colours are out in full force. There is so much beauty to take in, so many things to be grateful for, that sometimes you really have to take a step back and appreciate it.

So - deep breath in, then breathe it out - thank you, world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.