Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Week 42 - Day Two: Drove

My second kitten, Tiggy - an adorable, if skittish, long-haired tabby with a face like a jungle cat - has hit the ripe old age of six months. To celebrate, I'm getting him neutered.

So, I had to drive today. I dropped Tiggy off on the way to work in that narrow timeframe between when my daughter's daycare opens at 7:30 and before my workday starts at 8:00 am. With a tight timeframe like that, I definitely needed to drive. That poor cat. He's already scared of everything. I think after today's surgery he'll be truly traumatized.

Given that I didn't have any built-in exercise today in the form of bike-commuting, I opted to spend some time over lunch doing something. Usually on Tuesdays I meet up with a couple friends and we go for a walk, or occasionally a wog (a walk-jog), but today without my hour of biking I wanted to do something more substantial over lunch. So today I left a few minutes early and spent 40 minutes on the following: I did a brisk walk to the northern edge of campus, then I jogged along the edge of the river valley, jogged/walked into and through the river valley, climbed a pile of stairs back out, then did intervals of sprinting and walking on the way back to work.

I returned from my adventure dripping with sweat, and though I felt stressed out that I didn't get enough time to eat lunch and properly dry off before I started seeing afternoon clients, I felt soooo gooood all afternoon. Usually I'm barely awake for my afternoon clients, but today I was wide-eyed and bushy-tailed! Ahhh, vaso-dilation, you've never felt so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.