Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Week 38 - Day Two: Bad Day, Happy Ending

BIKE: Mike
TIME THERE: 24 min.
TIME BACK: 27 min.
WEATHER: clear, 17C, 15 km/hr headwinds there; clear, 30C, 30 km/hr cross/tailwinds back.
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, tank top, zip-up hoodie (hoodie in panniers on the way home)
NOTES:

Biking to work today, I was about half-way there when someone barreled past me on a mountain bike. At first I tried pedaling faster to try to catch him, but he was going so much faster than me that even when I stepped up the pace the distance between us grew and grew, and I had to give up. Damnit! I hate being beaten! Later on, as I rode onto campus and got closer to my building, a woman riding without a helmet rode past me on a hybrid bike, overtaking me just before I reached my destination. This one pissed me off. Come on! You don't even have a helmet! You're not supposed to be able to ride faster than me if you're not even serious enough to wear a helmet!

Argh!! I've been pissed off all day. My competitive spirit ruined my ride this morning, then someone I know seriously disappointed me, then two clients in a row canceled on me, I had a frustrating final session at the end of the day, and I had a windy ride home during which I thought I might be tossed off my bike by the crosswind as I was traversing the High Level Bridge. Today just hasn't been going my way.

Luckily, by the time I got home things settled down. My daughter was being adorable and sweet, she ate most of her dinner, she played with me, and even had a bath without any kind of fight or tantrum. While we were playing around upstairs after her bath, she even let me know when she was tired: "Bedtime, mommy?" I put her to bed with a toy and a book, and she's been sitting quietly in her crib ever since.

Sometimes my daughter makes my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.