Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 34 - Day Two: Not Remotely Unpleasant

BIKE: Mike
TIME THERE: 24 min. (yippee, it wasn't a fluke!!)
TIME BACK: 25 min.
WEATHER: partly cloudy, 12C, 15 km/hr wind there; partly cloudy, 23C, 39 km/hr
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, tank top, zip-up hoodie
NOTES:

Biking in the fresh air with the sun beating down on me, a spring breeze keeping me cool, wearing just a tank top and a zip-up hoodie so I can feel the wind and the sun on the exposed parts of my skin, making good time and going as fast as my stubby little legs will allow me . . . aaaaaaaah. Yep, it's official. There is absolutely nothing remotely unpleasant about this.

Until the ride home, with the 40 km/hr wind gusting over 50 km/hr. Thank God it was a cross-wind!!! Because if I had to bike directly into that, I would be much less happy a camper! Here's hoping tomorrow isn't quite so windy, and that I can hold onto this awesome love of biking for at least one more day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.