Monday, April 19, 2010

Week 34 - Day One: Breaking the Record

BIKE: Mike
TIME THERE: 24 min.
TIME BACK: 27 min.
WEATHER: clear, 11C, 11km/hr wind there; partly cloudy, 22C, 26 km/hr wind back (gusting up to 35 km/hr).
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, tank top, zip-up sweater
NOTES:

Boo yeah!!! I managed to make AWESOME time today: for the first time since starting this bike-commuting challenge in September, I broke my 25-minute record! This feat is even more of an accomplishment because I'm biking from farther away - from my daughter's daycare, rather than my home - which adds 0.7 km (8.75%) to my commute. Yay, me!!

Another thing that felt good this morning is that for the first time since January I've actually felt like I'm losing some weight. It's nothing dramatic, but I just feel like I've finally worked my way through the plateau I've been at for the last couple of months and I'm starting to get back into shrink mode. It's encouraging! Yay, me!!

ALSO - that paper for which I sacrificed my bike-commuting to write in March was finalized and sent off to the editors for consideration on Sunday. After weeks of working on it in fits and spurts, it's finally edited and polished up and submitted for publication. Yay, me!!

Everything is just so damn peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.