Thursday, October 1, 2009

MONTHLY CHECK-IN



WEIGHT LOSS THIS MONTH: 10 lbs.
WEIGHT LOSS TO DATE: 10 lbs.

Whooooooooooot! I lost TEN pounds in September! That was the goal I set in my head, knowing it was a little on the ambitious side. I kept trying to preemptively find reasons why I may not reach that goal (i.e., I didn't really change my eating that much, the weight gain of muscle in my legs may counteract some of the weight loss of fat from my body, etc.), and now I can throw my head back and laugh triumphantly because I didn't have to use them! HAHAHAHA!

I do take all this with a grain of salt, though. After all, in my experience the most dramatic weight loss happens in the first couple of weeks, then my body gets used to its new routine and settles back into its habit of holding onto the rest of the weight for dear life. I'm hoping that with the approach of winter and how much harder the biking is going to get, not to mention the energy it'll take just to keep my body warm, that might keep me working hard and steadily losing weight. We'll see!

I'm just so happy that the biking has made such a big difference so far. And I even got away with eating a lot on the weekends! Cookies, even, and alcoholic drinks, and movie theatre popcorn and CANDY!

Ahhhhh, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.