Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Week Five - Day Two

TIME THERE: 25 min.
TIME BACK: 26 min.
WEATHER: clear, 6C, 6 km/hr wind there; partly cloudy, 8C, 22 km/hr wind home.
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, t-shirt, waterproof shell, gloves (gloves in panniers on the way home)
NOTES:
I couldn't believe it when I checked the hourly weather report when I got home and discovered that my epic battle with the wind on the way home today was against a measly 22 km/hr foe. I felt like I was crawling home, with great effort. I was even surprised that I got home in only 26 minutes. I was working so hard! I figured I was up against 30 km/hr at least. What a disappointment.

I was really tired by the end of the day today, maybe that had something to do with it. I even slept well last night: woke my daughter up before I went to bed to give her a cup of milk and a cereal bar (she won't sleep through the night without a midnight snack), I made sure I was in bed at a decent hour, and I even did some light stretching before getting into bed and put lavender essential oil on my pillow so I'd be guaranteed a good night's sleep. I probably fell asleep around 10:30 and managed to sleep right til the alarm went off at 6:30. So why did I feel so tired in the afternoon? Is it because I ate pasta for lunch? Is it because Tuesdays are usually a heavy client-load day? Is it because I live in a province whose government routinely makes me lose my will to live? Well, at least live here, anyway?

Maybe I'll never know. The key is just to keep sleeping as well as I can, for as long as I can, and keep managing my ample stressors as best I can. What else is one to do? Just keep on keepin' on. And enjoy these snow-free roads every single day that I have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.