Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Slog

WEATHER THERE: sunny, 5C, 15 km/hr tail/crosswinds
WEATHER BACK: sunny, 15C, 26 km/hr headwinds gusting to 40 km/hr

I'm tired. My motivation is low. It's windy and chilly outside today, and all I want to do is curl up with a hot chocolate and a book while wearing pajamas, and in this way spend the entire day to myself. My mind keeps bouncing between my different priorities - working on my dissertation (reading, writing, analyzing, thinking, creating, organizing, editing), trying to deal with the behavioural problems that are starting to show up in my daughter, and somehow finding whatever remains of my productivity to meet deadlines at work. It's a slog.

And riding home into strong wind, swearing under my breath the whole time, is not a great way to end the day after all that. Oh well - it IS only thirty minutes of my day, I can handle it. And besides, after coming home to a hot dinner, a nice tea, and a hug from my daughter, everything seems a whole lot brighter. And, I have to say, it DOES help knowing that I don't have to go in to work tomorrow! Oh part-time job, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.