Monday, September 20, 2010

A Hot Cocoa Kind of Day

WEATHER THERE: rain, 3C, 9 km/hr crosswinds
WEATHER BACK: drizzle, 6C, 21 km/hr crosswinds

I rode to work in the rain, splashing my way through deep puddles and getting myself soaking wet. My feet were cold all day as my wet socks remained damp and frigid in my work shoes. I wore my ugly black water-resistant shell and my double-layered warm-up pants that are the most water-resistant pants I own, and my hands were protected by thin, tight running gloves layered underneath a pair of extra large cycling gloves, and despite all this I still arrived at work damp and cold and tired.

It was hard to be at work today. I got some important things done but I wasn't particularly productive, and I felt uncomfortable and cold and tired all day long. A dark grey sky forced me to rely on the buzzing fluorescent lights above to help me see - no natural light to work by today. Counting the hours, the minutes, the moments as they passed. Dreading the cold, wet ride home almost as much as I was looking forward to leaving.

Tonight, I'm making some damn hot cocoa after dinner. It's been a hot cocoa kind of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.