Friday, May 14, 2010

Week 37 - Day Five: Too Tired

I didn't bike today. I know, I know - I FAIL!!

Actually, what happened was a little something we in the biz call insomnia. I woke up at 4:00 am today and couldn't fall back asleep. By the time my alarm went off at 6:30, my eyes were grainy with exhaustion and I could barely drag myself out of bed, even though I hadn't been sleeping. My muscles felt sore and tired as I went about my morning routine, and I decided that I'd take a break from riding today because I'm just too damn tired to get through it.

I am planning on doing some exercise over the weekend, at least. It's supposed to be absolutely gorgeous outside, so I'm planning to walk my daughter over to a French bakery (an approximately 7 km round trip journey) for a delightful lunch tomorrow, and I might bike her into the river valley on Sunday for a nice picnic. That would be another lovely time! So maybe it's okay that I have one lazy day this week - maybe that's kind of necessary. Especially after a night like that!

Here's hoping I'll be able to make up for lost sleep tonight. Ahh, I can't wait to get home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.