Monday, March 29, 2010

Week 31 - Day One: I'm BAAAAAAACK!

BIKE: Mike
TIME THERE: 26 min.
TIME BACK: ?? (forgot to check the time on the way home!)
WEATHER: clear, 3C, 7 km/hr wind there; clear, 15C, 11 km/hr wind back.
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, work shirt, running gloves, waterproof shell there; yoga pants, work shirt, sweatshirt on the way home
NOTES:

It's been three weeks since the last time I was on my bike. And let me tell you, baby - it's great to be back!

Sure, I'm feeling pretty tired right now at the end of the day, and my lungs burned from panting so hard in dry air (I'm pretty sure I tasted lung-blood in my mouth by the time I got to work this morning), and my under-bits feel like they've been punched up but good (thank you, ass-ravaging seat!). Nevertheless, I'm feeling great! With no snow or ice on the ground, I was able to take the old residential route again, and I could take turns without slowing to a crawl, and I even pedaled downhill (instead of riding my brakes and wincing with fear of an imminent fall)! It was great!

Today was the first day in - well - forever (except for one brief premature effort when there was still snow and ice all over the road) that I biked my daughter to daycare in the bike trailer. I managed to get the helmet on her without a fight, both there and back, which was quite the triumph. Of course, on the way home she kept saying "All done, all done . . . mama! Mama, all done!", as though I would hop off the bike and let her walk the rest of the way. I managed to pedal quickly and get us home before she started screaming about wanting out. So all in all, it was a success! If only the trailer wasn't so damn cumbersome to get in and out of the front door. It's an epic battle every time! And the weatherstripping around the door is completely chewed up now. BAH! But I digress . . .

Yes, I'm glad to be back on the bike indeed. It's been FAR too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.