Thursday, January 21, 2010

Week Twenty-One - Day Four: A Bad Day

BIKE: Mike
TIME THERE: 29 min.
TIME BACK: 29 min.
WEATHER: overcast, -8C (-13C with wind chill), 11 km/hr wind back (info for morning commute not available on The Weather Network today for some crazy reason)
WHAT I WORE: fleece pants, turtleneck, fleece mid-layer jacket, lobster gloves, balaclava
NOTES:

I'm ready for the weekend. After my fall yesterday, the muscles in my left shoulder have seized up and I can feel the tender bruising on my inner thighs where they impacted against the bike frame. During my first session of the day at work, sitting across from a client who is truly struggling and for whom I do have sincere affection, I kept fantasizing about Dutch Crunch Mesquite BBQ chips. That ain't right. I was hungry all morning, even after having my usual breakfast of good old-fashioned stick-to-your-ribs oatmeal. It's a damn fine thing that the massive box of Lindt truffles the staff got as a Christmas present is finally gone - otherwise, the afternoon would have been my own little private chocolate-fest.

I just want to rest my weary bones. I want to sleep in. I want to shed the weight of my responsibilities just a little bit. I want to finally hear back from my babysitter so I can make some social plans over the weekend. I want to know if I did the right thing. I want to get a phone call. I want to lose weight ten times faster than I have so far. I just want . . . a change. But it's never easy, is it? And it never comes exactly when you want it to.

So I guess I'll just have to continue relaxing in the rare moments when I can, staying home alone every night while my daughter sleeps and the rest of the world is having fun, and bike-commuting every day while keeping track of my caloric intake in the hopes that I'll lose weight in good time. Sometimes, this lifestyle feels pretty shitty. Oh, how I miss my freedom . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.