Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Week Fourteen - Day Two

BIKE: Mike
TIME THERE: 29 min.
TIME BACK: 33 min.
WEATHER: partly cloudy, -5C (-12C with windchill), 20km/hr wind there; cloudy, -3C (-9C with windchill), 20km/hr wind back.
WHAT I WORE: thermal pants under yoga pants, turtleneck, waterproof shell, lobster gloves, scarf
NOTES:
Thoughts Running Through My Head During the Commute Today
  • (upon sliding a bit on a completely uncleared and remarkably icy swath of road that happened to be the designated bike path) "Fuckity!"
  • (on same icy swath of road) "Nice cycling infrastructure, city. You could be more supportive!"
  • (upon seeing an oncoming cyclist bend his way around an icy corner wearing nothing but a toque on his head) "No helmet, Jesus!"
  • "Buuhhhhh, this is too hard."
  • "Thighs . . . hurting . . ."
  • "HEY! I'm gonna catch up to you, sucka!"
  • (moments later) "How the hell did you get so far ahead of me? What the hell!"
  • "Lost cause . . . she's got two blocks on me now. How is she going so fast? Freak."
  • "Sooo tiiiiiired . . . and this is even the easy ride. I'm going to be facing the wind on the way home! Buhhhhh."
  • (on the way home) "Wind! Bah!"
  • "I got to keep it goin', keep it goin' full steam" (quoting a line from the Beastie Boys song Intergalactic Planetary that I routinely repeat to myself while biking)
  • "Has it really only been a week that I've been biking in snow? A week?? I have months left of this. How bad do you really want it, Johnson?"
  • "Oh thank God, the last neighbourhood! Almost HOME!"
  • (pulling up to the house) "Yay, made it home without falling again! Just wish it wasn't so damn hard. Mmm, dinner . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.