Thursday, September 17, 2009

Week Three - Day Four

TIME THERE: 23 min.
TIME BACK: 26 min.
WEATHER: clear, 14C, 19 km/hr wind there; rain, 12C, 24 km/hr wind home.
WHAT I WORE: yoga pants, t-shirt, waterproof shell
NOTES:
Taking on my challenge to myself from yesterday, I biked to school as usual but in one gear higher so that the resistance was greater. I figured I would be slower getting to school, but that was apparently not the case at all - I beat my best time by two minutes! At first I couldn't believe my math, but it was right. Then again, I had 19 km/hr wind behind me most of the way, so perhaps that helped me out. Meh, I'll take the victory while I've got it!

On the way home I found the rain and wind (which I was biking against this time) a bit of a challenge, so just over half-way home I geared down and rode the rest of the way in my usual gear. It was still a decent workout, though, so I don't feel bad about it.

I can already tell that I'm losing weight. It's not melting off me as fast as I'd like it to (that is to say, I haven't lost 50 lbs in two weeks), but I can definitely tell the difference. It feels great! I don't know how much weight I've lost, as I decided that I would only weigh myself once a month - at the beginning of each month - so you'll have to wait til October 1st to get an update. In the meantime, I take comfort and pride in the fact that my clothes fit a little better and I just feel healthier. I daresay I'm off to a very good start indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.