Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day Two: Tired

TIME THERE: 33 min.
TIME BACK: Unknown (didn't check the clock before leaving because I was running late)
WEATHER: 29C, sunny, Humidex added +3C, 19km/h wind
WHAT I WORE: Yoga pants, t-shirt (had dress clothes packed away in panniers)
WHAT I ATE:
Breakfast - banana (eaten at home), protein bar (eaten at the office), coffee (mid-morning)
Lunch - Shaved chicken and cheddar cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread, apple, bag of veggies, light Babybel cheese snack
Dinner - Some more homemade chili and a brimming bowl of salad, half of a piece of whole wheat bread that I shared with my daughter
Evening Snack - sliced orange and chicory coffee subsitute with flavoured liquid Coffee Mate
NOTES:
I was so tired today, it was ridiculous. I don't think I could have counted as being awake, technically, given the absence of brain activity, and for that matter I don't even think I could have counted as alive. I'm not sure if the exercise helps wake me up or contributes to my exhaustion, all I know is that it better not be like this tomorrow because I see my first clients and I CAN'T be falling asleep on them. The ride itself was good - I tried out a new route that cuts through a beautiful rich neighbourhood full of large, older estate homes (my favourite). This route minimizes the time spent riding alongside cars on busy roads, thereby minimizing the likelihood of death. I consider this a good thing. It's also more scenic, though given that I do still ride on-road I tend not to take my eyes off where I'm going for more than a fraction of a second at a time.

Coming home was a bit rough because it was so damn hot (it wasn't so hot in the morning, when the coolness from overnight helped keep the temperature comfortable). Also, the adjustments I tried making on the bike did nothing, so the stem is still loose (I'm not sure if that's a safety issue or not, and if it is I really do need to get that fixed) and the back brake is still loose. I started to feel VERY tired by the end of the day, so the ride home felt long, arduous, and took a lot of out me. It felt like my bike was heavier, or the brakes were partly on or something, because every rotation of my legs took that much more effort than usual. It's a good thing I biked to work already and had no alternate way of getting home, otherwise I might have given up and taken some lazy way home. Also, good thing for this blog, which keeps me honest!

But, seriously, I really, really need to sleep tonight. Really. The second the damn cat gets all up in my business, she's out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your feedback and commentary! However, I do ask that you keep it respectful. Inappropriate comments will be deleted at The Healthy Biker's discretion.